Contestant terms and Conditions
The following terms shall have the following meaning throughout these terms and conditions:
- a. Awards means the ARTA AWARDS 2019.
- b. Organiser ARTA Awards Limited of 218A Brick Lane, London E1 6SA
- c. Contestant - The restaurant or takeaway business participating in the Awards whose name appears on the appropriate form.
- d. Services’ means those services which are provided by ARTA Awards Ltd or its affiliates or partners to provide the awards and generally refers to the processes, web and personal services for entry the awards, participating in the assessment process and attending the Grand Finale awards ceremony.
- e. Parties mean the Organiser and Contestant referred to jointly.
- f. Competition means the contest to achieve the award subject to the assessment process
- g. Cook off Selection event: The date of when the Phase 3 Contestants will be shortlisted.
- h. Final Judging– the event at which the top fifteen Contestants eligible to participate in Grand Finale will be shortlisted.
- i. Grand finale - The event at which the final winners will be announced, and the awards ceremony will take place.
- j. Nomination opening date - 13:00 on 10th January 2019
- k. Nomination closing date - 23:59 on 17th June 2019
- a. The Contest will be open to for all Asian Restaurant and Takeaway businesses operating in UK, except:
i. businesses of the Organiser or its holding or subsidiary companies;
ii. business of the agents or suppliers of the Organiser or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the Competition or its administration;
iii. members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- b. By entering the Competition for the awards, the Contestant confirms that they are eligible to do so and that they will claim the award subject to assessment process. The Contestants may be required to provide proof that you are eligible to enter.
- c. There is additional eligibility for Contestant participating in Phase 3 – Cook offs that the businesses need to have cover for their own Employers and Personal Injury insurance.
3. The Organiser agrees:
- a. to provide the awards and services and to ensure the Contestant benefits from doing so to the best of its ability and in good faith.
- b. to provide the Contestant with the awards forms and processes to enable them to enrol in the awards for the reasons that they wish to do so.
- c. to provide the appropriate support and opportunities to communicate with the Organiser in the event that the Contestant wishes to do so.
- d. to seek feedback from Contestants to improve the awards and services to the best of their ability.
4. The Contestant agrees:
- a. that they wish to participate in the awards and wish to benefit from the services provided to the Contestant in the manner that the Organiser determines.
- b. to comply with the rules or guidelines as provided by the Organiser from time to time to enable them to participate in the awards and benefit from the services.
- c. that they are authorised to apply for the services
- d. to pay for the services as per the terms and conditions set out herein and in particular the terms of payment section below.
5. The ARTA assessment process:
- a. Phase 1 – Nomination
- i. To enter the awards competition, the Contestant will have to be nominated by entering in the details through the ARTA website artauk.com. A contestant can nominate itself or be nominated by Contestants, subject to nominees’ terms and conditions. For help with entries, Contestants can contact the consumer helpline on email@example.com OR visit artauk.com.
- ii. Nominations will run from 13:00 on 10th January 2019 to 23:59 on 17th June 2019. (the “Closing Date”) inclusive.
- iii. All nominations for Contestants received after the Closing Date and time are automatically disqualified.
- b. Phase 2 – Customer and ARTA scoring
- i. Following the nomination the contestants will be subject to scoring. 30% of the assessment scores will be Customer Nomination Score and will cover:
- • Quality of food
- • Quality of service
- • Value for money
- ii. And another 30% will be ARTA Score which will covers:
- • Reviews from Trip Advisor
- • Reviews from Google Reviews
- • Food Hygiene Ratings
- iii. Depending on the aggregate score of the above, up to 30 of the highest scorer per region will be selected for the final cook-offs – 3rd phase. The contestants will be notified by telephonic or electronic communication or announcement in ARTA website whether they are eligible for participating in Phase 3.
- iv. The Contestants must confirm the booking as per Section 7 and must inform to the Organisers in advance the name and details of the representing chefs.
- c. Phase 3 - Regional Cook offs
- i. This makes up the remaining 40% of a nominees’ overall score and is administered by the judging panel at the regional event known as Cook-Off. The competition brief at the cook-off will comprise a signature dish or mystery box challenge. A working bench comprising of a cooker and oven will be provided to the respective chefs representing the Contestants. Depending on the challenge all the ingredients will either be provided or will need to be brought by the chefs themselves. The chefs are further required to be appropriately dressed and must their own pots, knives and utensils and serving dishes. Duration and venue of the challenge will be notified at the day.
- ii. The finished dish will be judged by the judge’s panel. The judges will assess a served dish taking into account:
- • Flavour
- • Appearance
- • Texture
- • Aroma
- iii. Following the cook offs, the decision to shortlist the finalist will be taken on the Final Judging day. The decision will be based on the aggregate scores of all three Phases. The Contestants will be informed within 5 calendar days of the Final Judging day on whether they are the top scores of Phase 3. Fifteen of the top scorers of Phase 3 will further be informed that they have qualified to participate in the Grand Finale and will be invited to secure their booking on a first come first serve basis.
The first 10 restaurant to secure their attendance will be the finalists from their respective regions. Each finalist will be entitled to the following benefits: -
- a. Organiser will arrange one-to-one interview for Contestant’s promotional campaigns.
- b. 30-60 sec video showcasing the business for marketing and promotional purposes. The video will be made available to the Contestant in electronic format which would be readily accessible.
- c. Participation at the Grand Finale – Benefits include, live entertainment, award show and Canapes, dinner and drinks (soft drink and mineral water) and table of 10-12.
- d. Extensive promotional campaigns in local newspapers radio and social media coverage.
- e. Certificate stating ‘TOP TEN REGIONAL RESTURANT/ TAKEAWAY’
- f. Opportunity to be announced as the Regional winner at the Grand Finale the from each region. Name of the winner will be announced and a representative of the business will be invited to come up on stage and receive the ARTA Crest.
- g. Opportunity to be announced as the winner of the Champion of the Champion ARTA Trophy and to receive the Trophy. The representative of the Contestant will be invited to come up on stage and receive the award.
- a. Champions of Champion Award – One amongst the 16 regional winners will be announced as the recipient of the Champion of Champions ARTA Trophy. The winner be subject to specific condition as follows:
i. The Contestant will receive a replica of the Trophy from the Organiser.
ii. The Contestant may borrow the original for marketing and promotional purposes subject to agreement with the Organisers, secure transportation and insurance cover for that duration of the lien to safeguard the original Trophy against theft, damage or distortion of any nature.
- b. Regional winner Award - The final prize will comprise of a replica of the ARTA Crest for the winner to keep.
- c. TON TEN Certificates - Each of the 10 finalist Contestants will receive a certificate ‘TOP TEN REGIONAL RESTURANT/ TAKEAWAY’
- d. Chef of the Year Award – The winner will be identified from the Phase 3 regional Cook Offs. The Winner will receive an ARTA Crest.
- e. Newcomer of the Year Award – The winner will be identified through the Organisers internal research. The winner will be a business which has been trading for less than 18 months from 31.12.2017. The Winner will receive an ARTA Crest.
8. Terms of Payment
- a. There is no payment for entering into the competition. Phase 1 and the initial Assessment for Phase 2 are both totally free of charge.
- b. If the Contestant is shortlisted for Phase 3 then the Contestant would have the option of securing their place win the cook offs (Phase 3) by making a payment of £295 + VAT.
- c. If the Contestant had qualified for the Grand Finale and to avail the benefits at Section 6, a Contestant will have to make a payment of £2400 + VAT which will be non-refundable.
- d. The Contestant has the option to withdraw its participation within 14days of being announced as the finalist. Contestants must do in writing by email or post.
- e. In the event that the Contestant does not comply with the terms and conditions the Organiser reserves the right to withhold the services. This may mean, but may not be limited to, any of the following – where this forms part of the agreement between the parties:
i. the Contestant may not be considered as a finalist or winner
ii. the Contestant may not have their profile listed on the website nor use the assets for the awards for publicity
iii. the Contestant may not attend the awards
The Organiser warrants that:
- a. all information submitted will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- b. any information which is readily available in the public domain or becomes available in the public domain after the submission of the entry will be exempt from the above.
- c. all staff or persons who are in connection with the operation of the awards will be required to see or review information provided by the Contestant will be subject to an agreement of confidentiality.
- d. it will use the Contestant’s name and logo in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- e. it will only use the name and/or logo of the Contestant with the Contestant’s prior approval and within reason, in the form required by the Contestant.
- f. to ensure that all records of Contestant information are retained securely and kept strictly confidential and in accordance with the data protection legislations in force at the time.
10. True and accurate representation – the Contestant warrants that:
- a. all information provided by the Contestant in applying for an award or for the services is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.
- b. they are entitled to submit such information as is required and in the event that they are an agent or a representative of third parties they will indemnify the Organiser from any complaint arising from any misrepresentation.
11. Limitation of liability
- a. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Organiser, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Organiser, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. The statutory rights are not affected.
- b. The Organiser disclaims liability for any injury or damage to the Contestant or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition(s).
- c. The Organiser will not be responsible or liable for any data charges incurred by the network providers for using the website.
- d. The Organiser reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Competition(s) with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Organiser in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- e. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
12. Ownership of Competition entries and intellectual property rights
- a. All Competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Organiser will become the property of the Organiser on receipt and will not be returned.
- b. By submitting a Competition entry and any accompanying material, the Contestant agrees assign to the Organiser all their intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- c. The Organiser may, but is not required to, the entry available on its website artauk.com and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition(s). The Contestant agrees to grant the Organiser a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry.
13. Data protection and publicity
- a. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, The Contestant hereby gives consent to the Organiser to use its name, image and town or county of residence, if they are the winner of any of the Competition(s) in any publicity announcement of the Competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- b. It further agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Organiser.
- c. By entering the Competition, the Contestant agrees that any personal information provided by it with the Competition entry may be held and used ONLY by the Organiser or its agents and suppliers to administer the Competition(s) and upcoming promotions.
- a.All representatives and guests of Contestants participating in the Grand Finale will also be bound by the Customer Terms and Conditions available at www.artauk.com.
- b.Dates of events and activities may vary from those advertised on the website or other marketing information.
- c.Changes are at the sole discretion of the Organiser
- d.There will be no communication between the judges and those submitting entries regarding judging criteria, process, and decisions on the winners.
- e.The judges’ decisions are final regarding all entries and the decisions on the winners.
- f.Entry to the award places no obligation on the Organiser that the nominator will receive an award.
- g.In the event that the awards event cannot be held for any reason at the above-mentioned venue or date, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event or move it to a different venue. The Organiser will notify the Contestant of any changes.
- h.The Contestant shall have no claim against the Organiser in respect of any loss or damage consequent upon the activity or activities from failing to occur wholly or partially, for whatsoever reason save where such loss or damage is caused by the Organiser’s negligence, fraud or wilful default. This includes postponement or cancellation of the judging or awards presentation event.
- i.The Organiser may substitute other activities or events in place of planned events or activities for the awards, and in the event of such decisions, the Organiser will to the best of its ability give prior notice to the Contestant.
- j.Neither party to the terms and conditions shall without previous consent of the other party assign any rights or obligations here under, unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions.
- k.Employees and agents for the Organiser shall not in any circumstances be liable for consequential, indirect or special damages of any kind arising out of or in any way connected with the performance or failure to perform the awards services.
- l.Should any member of the Contestant’s party behave in a manner that is unacceptable to the Organiser at the awards presentations, they shall be asked to leave the event. In this case the Contestant will be liable to the Organiser for payment in full for all or any expenses incurred and for any fees that may ordinarily have been due for attendance or participation in such activities.
- m.In such case the Contestant may also be liable for any damages or compensation for damages caused under the circumstances.
- n.The Organiser will cooperate with all Contestants to the best of its ability in all matters.
- o.The Organiser’s name and/or marques, branding or logo may not be used on promotional material for any form of publicity without the written consent of the Organiser or the Organiser’s representatives.
- p.The Organiser will not be liable for any loss or damage to the property of the Contestant. In the case of loss or damage to property, it should be reported to the venue holders or the Organiser at the time of discovery.
- q.These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- r.If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Organiser may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude the Contestant from participating in the competition process.
- s.The Organiser reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition process where it becomes necessary to do so.
- t.Nothing in these terms and conditions create legal rights, for, or enforceable by, any party other than the Contestant and the Organiser.
- u.The terms and conditions are set out by the Organiser and can be seen via the website artauk.com. at any time.
- v.If there is any agreement between the parties to vary these terms and conditions the parties will do so in writing via email or post.
- w.Information supplied by the Organiser in relation to any activity is accurate to the best of its knowledge and belief but shall not constitute any warranty or representation by the Organiser.
- x. The Organiser may vary the terms and conditions at its discretion and without notice.